THE move from primary to senior school is for many a seamless transition. For others, it’s far from it.
That’s where our targeted transitional youth programme Switch It steps up to help.
Working alongside Middlesbrough Council to identify and help those most in need, over the last year we have been able to make a difference to so many families.
- 81 young people have been referred into the Switch It programme since September 2022
- Using the MFC brand to engage schools breaks down the barrier towards education
- 56 young people currently have a one to one MFC Foundation mentor worker with them in school to help support their social and mental wellbeing
- 30% of young people referred into the MFCF Switch It targeted transitional youth work are now not at risk of being excluded from school, or are not anxious about attending mainstream school
- 25% of young people on the programme have now attended the Riverside Stadium for a match day experience
The impact of this programme, alongside the work of Middlesbrough Council, is felt way beyond the participant. This reaches into families, schools and ultimately communities.
For any questions you may have on our Switch It programme, please e-mail Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org