Stepping Up Coach
Full Time – 38 hours per week (Fixed term until February 2019)
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be involved in an expanding project, working with a professional football club charity and local schools to engage and inspire young people with a specific focus on transition from year 6 to year 7.
We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to work in schools to help young people reach their potential and maintain the momentum as they make what can be a difficult step from primary school and into the less familiar and comfortable environment of secondary education.
While sport and physical activity will be central to the role, mentoring and advocacy skills will be essential; in short the post holder will be a positive role model. This position requires flexibility since the role requires working evenings and weekends and since visiting a variety of locations is essential, a driving licence and own vehicle will be necessary.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess exceptional communication and organisational skills, both written and verbal
- Have experience of incorporating educational areas within a sporting activity
- Possess a strong commitment to quality service delivery and be able to monitor and evaluate programme delivery
- Have experience of delivering educational workshops and sports provision within disadvantaged communities, along with a good level of understanding of social inclusion and the issues facing these areas
- Have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook and the use of databases
- Possess an FA Level 2 and additional NGB multi-sport qualification
- Have an Emergency First Aid Certificate and Certificate in Safeguarding, or be willing to work towards
This post falls within the scope of ‘regulated activity’ and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975. MFCF is an equal opportunities employer and committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups
To request an application form and job description, please email email@example.com. Owing to the high volume of applications expected, if we have not contacted you within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 13 December 2017, 5pm
MFCF is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
MFC is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups