Business Support Worker
(Part Time – 20 hours per week)
Middlesbrough Football Club Foundation (MFCF) is the club’s independent charity set up in 1996 by Chairman Steve Gibson. We use the power of the MFC brand to engage with the community to provide opportunities for disadvantaged young people and adults to maximise their potential to achieve. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a growing and passionate team which is based at the Herlingshaw Centre.
- Assist with the responsibility of risk assessments, COSHH, manual handling, First Aid at Work and fire precautions. (training will be provided).
- Assist in the safe operation of the site and provide support during emergency situations.
- Ensure all grounds are clear of litter and all housekeeping completed.
- Complete necessary documentation such as health and safety reports and accident recording and be responsible for the effective administration of first aid when on shift. (Training will be provided)
- Under instruction from the Herlingshaw manager, carry out regular checks on any equipment such as goals and netting, ensuring that any issues and/or maintenance are addressed.
- Prepare facilities and equipment for events and ensure that all external bookings have paid on entry to the centre.
- Conduct general cleaning as required, eg classrooms after use, mandatory for toilet and changing areas.
- Responsible for informing the Herlingshaw manager of any queries or complaints.
- In the absence of the Herlingshaw manager to act as a responsible key holder in order to secure the Centre and all facilities and be fully aware and accept responsibility for the procedures relating to the security of keys for the premises and safekeeping of property.
- To perform other duties as reasonably assigned or under the authority of the senior management team.
The Candidate should
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Show a positive attitude and be willing to work as a member of an efficient and proactive team
- Have the ability to work efficiently in high pressure situations, and be accustomed with working to deadlines
- Maintain positive relationships with others and communicate well with people from diverse backgrounds
- Take a clear and creative approach, and be able to utilise own initiative to solve problems
- Be self-motivated and show a continuous drive to improve standards and performance
- Have a good understanding of IT
- Possess a First Aid at Work qualification (not essential as training will be provided)
- Possess an FA Coaching qualification (not essential as training will be provided)
- Be flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends
This post falls within the scope of regulated activity and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service check (formerly CRB) and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
To request an application form and job description and salary details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Owing to the high volume of applications expected, if we have not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
Closing date for applications: Sunday November 24th 2019
MFCF is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
MFCF is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups